Profile

Layout

Menu Style

Cpanel

Historic Sites

The Department of Parks and Recreation serves as custodial authority for the five historic sites in Manassas Park.

LOCATION BRIEF DESCRIPTION

The Conner House

A nationally registered antebellum stone house, circa 1855 located in the central region of the city, in view of city hall. The Conner House is currently in the process of being restored and is not open to the general public.

Signal Hill Monument

A nationally registered 13-acre monument site located in the western end of the city, adjacent to Signal Hill Park. Signal Hill is open year round from 7:30 a.m. until dusk.


Camp Carondelet

A nationally registered 8-acre Civil War encampment located in the Blooms Crossing subdivision adjacent to Cougar Elementary School. A series of nature trails are available to the general public year round from 7:30 a.m. until dusk.

The Georgia Cemetery

Included in the Camp Carondelet nomination, is a civil war cemetery located in the direct vicinity of Camp Carondelet in the Blooms Crossing subdivision. The Georgia Cemetery is available to the general public by permit only.


The Union Mill Trestle

A key structure in the Civil War, is located in the last few remaining acres of the once Union Mill Park near the VRE lot and Generals Ridge Golf Course. Union Mill Trestle is open to the general public year round from 7:30 a.m. until dusk.

You are here: Home Parks Historical Sites

City of Manassas Park Department of Parks and Recreation

99 Adams Street
Manassas Park, VA 20111-2395      
PH: 703.335.8872
Fax: 703.335.9045 

Translate this Site