The City of Manassas Park is accepting applications for the position of Customer Service Representative with the Department of Parks & Recreation. The essential function of the position within the organization is to assist customers with questions, transactions and permits. Under the supervision of the Community Center Supervisor, the Customer Service Representative monitors patrons entering the building and assisting with a wide range of transactions. They possess a professional and comprehensive knowledge of the principles and methods of providing top-notch customer service. The Community Center is open 7 days a week, requiring a flexible work schedule to include early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays. The ideal candidate should be able to multi-task and be comfortable working with computers and answering phones.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing cash control procedures, monitoring and controlling daily financial transactions.
- Answers questions about the community center and its programs.
- Counts down all drawers and balances against reports. Print various reports from CivicRec. Submits daily deposits.
- Provides a high level of customer service by greeting customers, anticipating their needs, answering questions, recommending programs and services, and resolve any concerns or complaints.
- Performs various tasks during down time such as filing, labeling, and counting flyers.
- Inform community center visitors and renters of pertinent rules. Enforces rules and policies consistently and equitably. Monitors patrons for compliance of community center rules and codes of behavior.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate with employees and public.
- Maintain good public relations by working cooperatively with public and other employees. Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, and hear.
- While performing duties of this class, the employee is regularly required to use oral and written communication skills; read and interpret data, information, and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret data and situations; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new skills or information; perform highly detailed work on multiple concurrent tasks; work under changing and intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with City Officials, citizen groups, employees and others encountered in the course of work.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to use personal computer, word processing software, calculator, copy and fax machine, phone, and audio-visual equipment.
Minimum Education and Training
- Requires a high school degree, or eligible equivalent, or currently enrolled in school.
- Proficient computer and phone skills. Experience with CivicRec, a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus!
Authorized hiring range: $10-$12 per hour
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team or would like more information regarding this position, please contact Amelia Powell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 703-335-8872.
You may obtain an employment application here. Additionally, you may pick up an application at the Community Center’s Front Desk during operating hours.
We look forward to seeing you!
The City of Manassas Park is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.