By now, many of you have heard the exciting news that our 4th of July celebration is back! Along with this excitement, I’m sure there are also plenty of questions to go along with the news, since as we know, things are still fairly different than they were 2 years ago. Below, I’ve gone over the main pieces of information you’ll need to know about our upcoming 4th of July event. We can’t wait to see you there and watch the fireworks together!
Need to know:
- July 4th, 9:15PM | Signal Hill Park, 9300 Signal View Dr, Manassas Park, VA 20111
- No bags, coolers, or diaper bags are permitted. This is our biggest change from previous years, this is to ensure the safety of both you and staff to prevent high touch situations.
- No glass, fireworks, scooters, skateboards, or alcohol are permitted.
- Parking will be available on a first come, first serve basis across the street from Signal Hill Park (if weather permits it). The cost per vehicle is $5, and does not allow re-entry into the lot if you leave.
- There will be food trucks on-site. Cash is suggested for ease of payment.
- There will be bathrooms on-site available to use.
- There are no activities or games, this is a spectator event with the addition of food trucks.
- Handicap accessible parking will be along Signal View Drive along the front of the park
- There will be parking available at the VRE lot on Manassas Drive as well as the City Hall parking lot. Free shuttles will start at 5:30PM and be available to transport you to the event, and will leave from the VRE lot.
- If you have any prohibited items, you will either be required to leave them at the front, or return them to your car.
We are so excited to be back this year and be able to bring in this holiday as a city! We hope to see you there, and have a safe and fun holiday. Remember this information listed above, and you will be all set to enjoy the fireworks at Signal Hill Park!
Kaitlyn Collier is the Recreation Specialist for Special Events for the City of Manassas Park, Department of Parks and Recreation. She can be reached at 703-335-8872 or via email at email@example.com.