MANASSAS PARK SHARKS SWIM TEAM
Our Aquatics Division is forming a Fall/Spring swim team for school age children between the ages of 5-18! This team will allow those participating on local summer teams and those advancing out of our swim lesson program, the opportunity to build endurance, make friends, and continue their love of swimming.
Ages 5-18 | Participants must be able to swim 50 yds each of freestyle and back stroke*.
*Swim test, swim lesson instructor sign off, or proof of previous swim team participation required prior to first practice.
No team swim suits, each participant will be given a Manassas Park Swim Team swim cap.
Practices are 45 mins-1 hour per age group. Practice times will be assigned to an age group in September.
Practice will held:
Mon: 6:30pm-8:30pm | Wed: 5:30pm-8:30pm
Thurs: 7pm-8:30pm | Fri: 5:30pm-8:30pm
Exact practice times to be determined.
Time Trials: Saturday, October 2nd at 7am at MPCC.
Scrimmage: Saturday, November 20th at 7am.
Swim Team FAQ’s
- How often will there be practice?
- We will offer practice every Monday (6:30-8:30p), Wednesday (5:30-8:30p), Thursday (7-8:30p) and Friday (5:30-8:30p) evenings, as well as Saturday (9am-11am) morning. Definite practice times will be determined by age group, as we get closer to the start of the program!
- How long will each practice be?
- Each practice will run between 45-60 minutes in length.
- My child cannot attend all the practice days/times due to other commitments. Will they be able to participate in Time Trials and/or the end of season Scrimmage?
- Yes, we would like for all swim lesson participants to average at least 1 practice per week for the duration of the program! There is no limit to the maximum number of practices that your child can attend each week, as long as they are practicing with their age group!
- What are the prerequisites for participating on the swim team?
- We just ask that all participants are able to swim 50 yards each of Freestyle and backstroke, with little to no breaks.We do ask that participants arrive the first day of practice with either: proof of prior swim team experience, skills sign off by one of our swim instructors, or stop by for a free swim test. Swim test sign ups can be booked here: www.mpdpr.com/swimtest2021
- Will you offer a summer swim team option?
- No, most local swim leagues are not accepting new teams at this time. Additionally, due to the operation of Signal Bay Water Park, our Aquatics department is stretched too thin as is during the busy summer months! The intent of our program is to give our swimmers a taste of what summer swim team will be like and/or help them to maintain their fitness throughout the year so that they are better prepared for their summer swim team! We will offer another session of the swim team in the Spring!
- Are there any other fees associated with the swim team that we should be aware of? Swimsuit, goggles, team bags, competition fees, etc?
- All participants should provide their own goggles and swimsuit of their choice. We will not have “team uniforms” or team apparel. Each participant will be given a swim cap to use for time trials and the scrimmage! No additional competition fees or purchases are required! We aim to keep the costs of the swim team as low as possible.